Contact The Fair Fae

If you have any questions, comments, feedback or you have a product you'd like me to review, email me at thefairfae@hotmail.co.uk

Sunday 22 April 2012

The Hunger Games. Wow.

Bzzz! (Fifth Element)
I saw The Hunger Games last night and just wow. Wow. I could hardly say much more! My husband said it was "good but not amazing" but I think the reason I was more impressed was the styling and the make-up of the people of The Capitol in contrast with the Districts. I felt the Capitol's style was a little like The Fifth Element with the bright colours and wacky styles and fabulous wigs! My Mother-in-Law said it was "the Truman Show meets Rambo" which I think was also pretty apt, but doesn't involve so many pretty Jean Paul Gautier designs...
Sky Waitresses (Fifth Element)


Effie Trinket
I wouldn't normally post about a film in a beauty blog, and I'm not an overly movie-loving person, not like my husband who will watch as many films as he can in a day.. I'm picky with my films... but The Hunger Games had such a strong sense of style in it, I felt it NEEDED to be mentioned! I've seen several other bloggers doing their own "Effie Trinket" styles and general Capitol styles, and I can now see why, and will probably be jumping on the bandwagon too, as I came home with my head literally buzzing with ideas for make-up looks!

Effie Trinket alone is an amazingly inspirational character, visually speaking at least! See the photo to the right here:

Curly wig, pink all around her eye area, lilac lips, and all so well colour coordinated!














I thought that was a strong theme in  all the residents of  The Capitol- they all had strong colour coordination, bold bright colours and matching accessories. Just look at Caesar Flickerman with his blue hair and blue brows (left)! Next time I dye my hair blue, I'll have to do my eyebrows as well...  And this woman in pink on the right here! See what I mean by coordination?? Amazing.









I have to mention Lenny Kravitz as Cinna with amazing gold eyeliner! He gets a *special* mention because he's also so pretty. I believe this was  Make-Up Forever, Metal Powder #1 Sunflower Gold  that they actually used. It made me think of Illamasqua for some reason. Do they have a good gold eyeliner or something? I don't know why, but it comes to mind for some reason! *Googles* Yes! Precision Ink in Alchemy. I'm not going totally mad! 





Finally the beard on Seneca Crane. Imagine having to maintain that daily! I tried to convince my husband that it would look good, but he has a vast beard, and that's because he's too lazy to shave at all so if shaving in a simple way is too much, no way in hell would he do this. I don't blame him too be honest, but it's actually really hot imho. I think it's a fashion I'd be very happy about if it took off. I'd love seeing guys with a well trimmed, intricately shaped beard. I love it!





I've not even scratched the surface on everything that I enjoyed in the styling of this film. I could go on and on about it. When I've got it on Blu-Ray at home and I can pause it and inspect the whole crowd at the games I'll be very happy. None of this amazing styling would have been achieved without Ve Neill as the make-up designer behind the film. She's clearly incredibly talented, and I take my hat off to her. When you know that she did the make-up on Edward Scissorhands and Johnny Depp's smokey eyes on Pirates of the Caribbean amongst other things, you know she must be a lady of skill!


I will definitely be coming back with a Hunger Games inspired look. It has to be done; it would be rude not to. I had t resist the temptation to start playing with make-up at 11.30pm last night when we got home from the cinema in fact..


In the mean time, have a look here at a website of "Capitol Couture" :

http://capitolcouture.pn/

“Happy Hunger Games! And may the odds be ever in your favour!”


EDIT: I can't believe I forgot to mention the China Glaze Capitol Colours collection! ARGH! I'm huge nail polish junkie, and China Glaze is quite possibly my favourite brand, so I don't know how I forgot it! OUT NOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment